Last year, I loosely created a set of goals and resolutions for myself. But I remembered that I shared on this blog my top ten resolutions. I want to look back on how well I did in accomplishing them and set down some new ones for the new year.
Here are some of my goals from 2016, I did okay…not really.
- Write, Share, & Publish A Short Story: I did write and published a short story on Wattpad last spring. Titled The View From The Other Side, it’s about a boy who dies in a car accident and his seemingly haunting his best friend and brother.
- Re-read Favorite Books: I did want to re-read a few of my favorite books, but I never got around to doing it.
- Create More Original Content: I think I did a fairly good job writing up some original posts. I had my fair share of TTT posts and I hope this coming year I can continue thinking up and writing more original content.
- Rewrite, Edit, Share Novel: Big ol’ NOPE. Not only did I not rewrite or edit the 2015 NaNo novel, I totally went and wrote a different one instead and I’ve left both of them unfinished. 2016 and 2015 NaNo novels range in the 65k+ word range, but they’re not complete. I don’t know how to do this writing thing apparently.
- Read More Manga: I read much more manga than I have previously! And I took the plunge and started buying more manga too. I have such a see-saw feelings regarding buying and keeping manga (and books), but I’m happy with the purchases I have made.
- Restart Studying Japanese: I sort of did this, but it teetered off and I gave up. But I have a renewed desire to continue and attempt to be somewhat conversational in Japanese.
Up next, are some goals for the coming year.
Re-read Favorite Books: I failed at this last year, but this year I’m going to try! Books I want to re-read include: Howl’s Moving Castle, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter series, the Chaos Walking trilogy
Read More Manga: Gonna continue my manga reading. I want to read more shoujo, so if you have any recommendations send them my way!
Read Books Outside My Comfort Zone: What I mean by this is, reading books that don’t automatically fall in the Fantasy and Sci-Fi genre. Those are my favorite genres. This year I want to give some other genres a chance too.
Get into Booktube: I rarely watch booktubers and youtubers in general, but this year I want to find a few more channels to watch and actually watch, not just subscribe and close my browser window.
Continue my Japanese Study: I slacked off last year (again), but I’ve renewed my interest and I’m going to give it another go. I know how to read and write. I lack confidence in my speaking skills and I need to build my vocabulary. So, I know what I need to improve on, I just don’t do it…
Create & Maintain a Fitness Routine: I need to be more healthy. To start off, I decided I should try to take long walks about 3x a week and maybe go out for a walk with my dog at least once a week. I want to give yoga a try.
Take More Pictures (& Get Them Printed): I want to take more pictures. I want to document my life a lot better than I’m doing now. I also want to get those pictures actually printed too and keep them in my journal and in a photo album.
Take Better Care of my Skin and Nails: I hate to admit it, but I’m a real slacker when it comes to taking care of my skin (taking care of myself really). I also have the bad habit of picking at my nails. I want 2017 to be the year that I change this.
Are you the type of person who creates resolutions or goals for the new year? What kind did you set for yourself?