December seemed like it was going to be sooo long and now it’s over and the year with it! How crazy.
It went by so quickly. What was one thing I did in December? Lots and lots of reading.
Books Read: 11
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) by Kazu Kibuishi
- How Tia Lola Came to
VisitStay by Julia Alvarez
- The Princess Saves Herself in this One by Amanda Lovelace
- End of Days by Susan Ee
- All My Friends Are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman
- Under A Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
- When the Stars Go Blue by Caridad Barbara Ferrer
- Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
- Horimiya by Daisuke Hagiwara, story by HERO
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
Many of the books I read in December were books on my TBR that also aligned with the reading challenge #readthemargin. So, two birds with one stone. My favorite read of the month was Under A Painted Sky and Horimiya.
- Something in Between
- Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)
- Champion (Legend #3)
- Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms #1)
- Month in Review // November 2016
- #readthemargin TBR, Goals, & Update
- “I Don’t Own A Burro Or Take Siestas” // On Reading & Having Diverse Narratives
- Week 2 & Going Strong // #readthemargin Update
- Birthday Book Hauls – 2016
- Week 3 Reading & More Reading // #readthemargin Update
- Year in Review // End of the Year Survey & Heading into 2017
- Where’s My Bookmark? Best Books of 2016
- Saying Goodbye to 2016
Oh, December. It has come and gone. Hello, January! Hello, 2017! Lot’s of changes family wise, but we’re hanging in there. Three full weeks of school for the oldest niece, then she got sick and got the younger one sick, and then got me sick, and it looks like I just made my mom sick. The never ending cycle *sigh*
December also meant shopping for presents and hiding them in closets or plain sight, which was one. I’m happy to say the oldest niece enjoyed all her presents even her set of Brain Quest questions which always seems to be a hit or miss and this time it was a hit.
December was also the season finale for Haikyu!! season 3 and Yuri!!! On Ice. I’m always recommending Haikyu!! and I probably won’t stop. It’s my favorite manga and anime right now. The animation is top-notch. Yuri!!! On Ice is also a really great anime. The season is over (at 12 episodes) and follows a Japanese figure skater with anxiety and low self-esteem. Highly recommend for the characterization and character development and the animation sequences as well.
That was pretty much my December. It could’ve ended on a better note (not being sick and all), but oh well.
How was your December? What books did you enjoy last month? Did you celebrate any holidays? (This post is going up, Jan 6, so if you you celebrate I hope you have a good Dia de los Reyes).