I was running out of ideas (and time) for today’s post until I figured, why don’t I share with you all the books I’ve purchased in the last few months.
My birthday was in September and I received money as a gift. Usually, I put it away and save it for the eventual rainy day (and I did save half of it), but the other half, I determined I deserved to spend after having such an emotional and mentally taxing year (okay, two years).
All the books featured here I bought in October and November with my birthday money. There are three separate hauls to come together for the larger birthday haul.
- Haikyu vol. 2-3 by Haruichi Furudate
- Kimi ni Todoke vol. 2-5 by Karuho Shiina
- The Stonekeeper (Amulet #1) by Kazu Kibuishi
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I posted a video of me unboxing this haul on Twitter. I was doubly excited because it was my first Book Outlet purchase.
- Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
- Cress (the Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
- Prophecy by Ellen Oh
- Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
I’m sorry for the yucky photos of haul #2 and #3. I’ll try to take better ones as soon as I can.
Here it is! I hardly ever splurge on myself like this. I’m perpetually broke and I don’t have the room to keep my books. I also very rarely (so rare, like super rarely) purchase books I’ve never read. But I broke that unwritten rule and bought all these books. Out of this whole haul, I’ve only read three of the books before. I now have a physical TBR. I’ve been TBR-less since July, since then my TBR has consisted of placing holds at the library (not actually owning any of the books on my TBR list).
I’m done buying books for now! This whole endeavor was taxing, but the end result is always nice. Hopefully…I like the books!
What was your last book purchase (or checkout)?